Re: [OM] m.Zuiko 12-50.... arrrgghh!!!

Subject: Re: [OM] m.Zuiko 12-50.... arrrgghh!!!
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 2015 07:41:36 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

>The something wrong was that the lens was no longer at 30mm and no
>longer focused at 20 feet.  It was then that it dawned on me.  This
>fully automated, electronic lens returns itself to 12mm and (probably)
>infinity focus when it powers down or up (I don't know which).  I was
>furious.  Rain was threatening and I was hurrying to try and get done.
>Now I had to reset the lens to 30mm, get out my tape measure again and
>place my hat 20 feet away for a focus target before I could get started
>again on the top row.  Arrrghh!  Double arrgghh!

     Ah, the glorious advantages of MF lenses.  I can understand how AF lenses
are advantageous in situations such as sports photography where quick response
is needed, but for "static" photography such as what you are doing here they
are costly overkill.  My Quantaray 24-40/3.5 would have been suitable for that
situation.

Chris

     - Hunter S. Thompson