Re: [OM] Thursday Bird

Subject: Re: [OM] Thursday Bird
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 22 May 2015 11:27:24 -0700
On 5/21/2015 10:39 PM, ChrisB wrote:
That’s an impressive bird, Moose!  It looks familiar, but I don’t think that we
have such a creature over here.

I gather that turkey meat is available in much of the world now, so they are probably being raised somewhere not too far from you.

The domesticated birds are not a patch on the wild natives in looks, though. :-)

They were originally an eastern bird, later in some apparent danger of dying out. But they have now greatly increased their range and are numerous enough to be considered pests by some folks.

Gobble Gobble* Moose

* I actually love hearing that sound, both out in the woods and in our
neighborhood.