Re: [OM] OT: Stereo Bluetooth Headphones

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Stereo Bluetooth Headphones
From: Paul Braun <pbraun42@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2016 10:05:11 -0500
In my opinion, they don't exist.  BT for serious listening has plenty of
problems, including flaky connectivity and limited fidelity. Plus, it's one
more damn charger. That's one of the things that drives me crazy about the
people that say wires are for old people, wireless is the future. If I run
out of the house and want to listen to an hour-long podcast on the train,
what if I forgot to charge my headphones? With wired 'phones, there's no
oddball compression, no possible RFI, no trying to pair them with a device,
NO BATTERY. I plug the little Kosses in and away I go.

One of the biggest things I'm afraid I'm not going to like about today's
iPhone reveal - all of the credible rumours that Apple has eliminated the
3.5mm analog jack and you are either forced to use wireless, or have to
plug a Lightning dongle in so you can plug your analog phones/patch cord
in. I also have a calibrated measurement mic that plugs into the headphone
port that I use with the SPL/Spectrum analyzer apps on my phone - remove
the 3.5mm jack, and it suddenly becomes useless.

On Wed, Sep 7, 2016 at 9:55 AM, Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

>      I've noticed a few people here at the coffee shop using stereo
> bluetooth headphones.  I'm interested in looking into these but have no
> idea what is out there that would have decent quality for listening to
> music, which pretty much eliminates the earbud types at the start.  Anyone
> have a recommendation for something of music quality?
>

> Chris
>
> When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro
>      - Hunter S. Thompson
> --

Paul Braun WD9GCO
Anchor, Amateur Radio Newsline