Re: [OM] OT: Now What??

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Now What??
From: Paul Braun <pbraun42@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 17 May 2017 22:53:25 -0500
You are correct. If your Win7/8/10 install is up-to-date on patches, you're safe.

Microsoft actually did a one-time update to XP specifically for Wannacry because those people who stubbornly refuse to upgrade past it are now a huge risk as an attack vector to the rest of us. They figured they'd better pull out the reference books one more time to protect them from themselves.