Re: [OM] Olympus 18mm/3.5

Subject: Re: [OM] Olympus 18mm/3.5
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2018 23:46:46 -0800
On 12/15/2018 12:22 PM, DONALD HOLBROOK wrote:
For those that ever wanted one, here is your Christmas present.......from you

.https://www.shopgoodwill.com/Item/61338858

Hard to tell what kind of condition it is in. The pix from the side make it
look like the hood/filter adapter is on crooked?

Fortunately, I have mine. It's a lovely little lens. The AoV was exceptional in it's early years. Having had eq. AoV lenses on digital for many years, and now 14 mm eq., that aspect isn't so special. The really minimal lack of linear distortion still is.

Not much use adapted to a 4/3 sensor, though. All I use FF for these days is ALT photos, where this elegant little lens would seem very out of place in company of the rough menagerie of lenses I use for that.

If I ever have a subject requiring that AoV and lots of detail in the corners, using it on FF would possibly whup the µ4/3 lenses that use firm/software correction for distortion.

How Wide Moose