Re: [OM] Stuck at home in Pennsylvania

Subject: Re: [OM] Stuck at home in Pennsylvania
From: Mike Lazzari <watershed1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2020 15:31:05 -0700
Massive infrastructure projects like rural electrification or phone
lines outside of town have negative ROI on a per-customer basis....yada, yada...

Of course. I wasn't talking about that. What I'm saying is  that connecting everyone is a net economic benefit in the long run. Even the folks in the urban areas who may bitch about subsidizing rural areas. Or dry-siders complaining about ferries, never mind the hundreds of miles of lonesome roads over there and plowing the passes. Everyone is benefiting from being able to transport and sell their widgets etc. The New Deal actually left us with some valuable infrastructure and wages unlike the last few bailouts. Alaska is definitely on the plus side when it comes to dividing up federal pesos. But that's fine, spend as much as it takes to keep Sarah up there in quarantine.