Re: [OM] lens hoods

Subject: Re: [OM] lens hoods
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2023 13:24:37 -0800
I have at least one of these. Well made and work as intended. Quite bulky, and
thus problematic in camera bags.

I also have various other designs which collapse/extend for two lengths, rather
than three lengths.

Truth is, though, that I just use the dedicated hoods on my contemporary lenses. I know that, on the zooms, they are pretty much useless beyond minimum FL, but I've had so few problems with flare that can't be cured with hat or hand strategically located, that I don't feel the need for more.

I suspect the latest coatings contribute a lot to that.

Minimally Hooded Moose