RE: [OM] Battery for OM-1n

Subject: RE: [OM] Battery for OM-1n
From: Mark Dickinson <Mark.Dickinson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 2 Oct 1998 13:18:50 +0100
I'm currently (no pun intended) trying to decide whether to buy a mint
condition OM-1n or a new OM-2000 as a second body for my OM-2SP based
system. The OM-1n battery issue has me very confused and is one of the
major factors (along with mirror and back foam rot) which is steering me
to the 2000. Is there a simple answer?  Also, how easy are the foam
replacement kits to fit for a non-expert (particularly the mirror pads)?
I have found a beautiful OM-1n that looks as it has never been used, but
the foam is distinctly gooey. Do all the foam kits available include
mirror pads?
I'm new to the group (first use of internet this week) and apologize if
these issues have been fully covered. I've tried following 'threads' on
the archive, but keep getting lost in the side alleys (warm beer,
motorbikes, lens coatings etc.) and never find the definitive answers
(if they exist). Another question (probably already answered): My 100mm
f2.8 has slight traces of fungus(?) which I think are    on the back of
the front element. They don't seem to have a noticeable effect on my
pictures, but I am worried about them spreading. Should a non-expert
attempt to take the lens apart to use the Ponds Cold Cream remedy? If
so, how is this done?