Re: [OM] Please advise on MC

Subject: Re: [OM] Please advise on MC
From: Bill_J._Rice_at_RLT012@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 1998 09:14:25 -0500
     John, Giles, & Joel wrote:

     >According to Olympus USA, there is a very simple way to tell if a
     lens is MC. Look at the front ring on the lens and observe how the
     word ZUIKO is inscribed. F. ZUIKO, G. ZUIKO, H. ZUIKO, etc., is an SC
     lens.  ZUIKO MC is an MC lens. The word ZUIKO by itself, with no
     preceeding letter or no suceeding MC is also an MC lens.

     >Regards,
     >John Austin
     ><<<<
     >
     >Does anyone have a lens which breaks the above rule?
     >
     >Giles
     >
     >For me, the rule holds among my primes, but not among the zooms:

     >35-70/f3.5-4.5 1933xx MC says "S Zuiko" [i.e., no period] (black
     >ring) 75-150/f4 4628xx SC says "Zuiko" only (black ring) --> acc. to
     >John's method this lens *should* be MC, but I can't see any green, so
     >I have to call it SC.
     >Regards,

     >Joel<<<<<

     I have the same scenario with my 75-150/f4.  It has a black nose and
     high serial number but the reflections are purple and cream.  I
     haven't been able to find any brochures that verify this lens had a MC
     version.

     Gary Reese posted a 75-150/f4 MC (!) for sale a few days ago.  Gary,
     can you help us out here?  Did you really see green reflections or
     were they from the neon lights on the Las Vegas Strip? <g>

     Bill Rice