Re: [OM] Santa, Are You Listening??

Subject: Re: [OM] Santa, Are You Listening??
From: PCACala@xxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 19 Dec 1998 11:48:11 EST
Santa responds:

> > 6)  all my Ebay auctions to sell way over reserve for all of 1999
>
>  And all the bidders will actually buy the items.

No kidding, Santa!  The newbies (not that I'm not one, too) seem to think its
some kind of layaway plan.  Or an online game.  Beware and tell everyone to
CC: the second highest bidder upon sending a first notification of deadline to
pay.  Conversely, if you are the second highest bidder, tell the seller
immediately after the auction that you have the cash ready and waiting upon
notification of a reneging or non-communicating high bidder.  One buyer with a
150+ feedback rating tells me he "jumps for joy" when selling something to
another ebay'er with a high feedback rating, since he knows he won't have to
pull teeth to get payment.

My Christmas List:
*  $220 for the 300mm f/4.5 Zuiko I'm using and have an option to buy.
*  a 90mm f/2 Macro Zuiko
*  a 100-200mm f/5 S Zuiko Zoom in exchange for a 200mm f/5 MC Zuiko
*  a fast 180mm lens (Tamron IF ED f/2.5 or Zuiko f/2)
*  21mm lens hood
*  lots of credit in a repair shop
*  a buyer for a 65-200mm f/4 Zuiko Zoom.

Gary Reese
Las Vegas, NV