Re: [OM] 200/f4 + Shutter Shudders: (was"200mm F4 / F5 vs. 65/20

Subject: Re: [OM] 200/f4 + Shutter Shudders: (was"200mm F4 / F5 vs. 65/20
From: "Giles" <cnocbui@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 7 May 1999 01:09:55 +0000
I think what Olympus suggests makes perfect sense.  Soft, non rigid structures
tend
to absorb or dampen vibrations rather than transmit them as do stiff structures
(tripods).

Think of the harsh echo in an empty unfurnished room.

The human body is mostly water and I think that by holding the camera body and
lens
it is serving to absorb and damp down any vibration.

What happens if you grab a ringing triangle,  or a resonating tuning
fork, in your hand?

Perhaps we should drape our tripod mounted bodies and lenses with a plastic bag
full
of jelly (The English kind, though jam would do).

Now the question is what flavour?  I opt for claret jelly for consumption with
little whipped cream after the shoot.

Giles