Re: [OM] Age Data was Non-OM, Non-NG

Subject: Re: [OM] Age Data was Non-OM, Non-NG
From: Jay Maynard <jmaynard@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 23 May 1999 10:23:10 -0500
On Sun, May 23, 1999 at 05:47:30AM -0700, Michael Stoesz wrote:
> This has been a most interesting non-OM, Non-NG thread and has caused me to
> wonder; What is the minimum, maximum and mean for our ages?  and
> When did each of us discover Olympus or re-discover Olympus?

I'll be 39 in July. I discovered the OM-1 in my local department store not
long after it started making waves in the market in 1974; I was a small kid,
and my hands weren't comfortable around the SR-T101 I was using at the time.
The first time I picked up the OM-1, it left like it belonged there.

Cameras and guns share (at least) one major characteristic: A major, perhaps
overriding, consideration in selecing them should be how they feel in your
hands. If you're not comfortable using it, you won't get good results. The
OM system has felt right to me from the beginning.