Re: [OM] Eclipse

Subject: Re: [OM] Eclipse
From: "Arnab Kumar Banerjee" <arnabkb@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 1999 08:33:38 PDT
hi guys,
I had been meaning to ask this question for some time now, guess with all this eclipse talk, might be a good time to bring it up.

As an amatuer, the last total solar eclipse i photographed was in india. OM-10 with 135mm Soligor set at 1/1000 f 22 (lowest i could go on this combination). No ND filter, no polarizers, no eye protection. just set focus to infinity and shot blindly (pun intended!. developed in a one hour lab, the photos came out more or less Ok in terms of exposure, the sun was quite small, however all the photos had a double sun. (an image of the sun overlapping the original image). i attributed this to lens flare, brightness of sun, lack of time composing the image etc. etc.

however, a couple of weeks ago, photographing the full moon with an OM10 75-150 zuiko at f4 and 2 sec, the problem repeated itself.

Why do I get a double image? how can i avoid this ??
TIA,
Arnab.