RE: [OM] Photo quality printer

Subject: RE: [OM] Photo quality printer
From: Chip Stratton <cstrat@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 30 May 2000 17:33:02 -0500
I just purchased the Epson 870 because of the seeming consensus that it's
image quality is a clear step beyond what has heretofore been available. I
must agree that its output is stunning: sharper and with color more true to
the original than what comes back from the 'Kodak Premium Processing' outfit
locally.

Having said that, I still worry about whether or not the ink jet nozzle's
will clog as easily as my old Photo Stylus printer, but plan to make a point
of either using it or forcing a cleaning cycle at least once a week.

I didn't get the Epson 1270 because I felt I could as easily use
Shutterfly.com (very high quality prints in my experience) for digital media
prints larger than 8x10, and the 870 came with the 4" wide roll feeder,
while for the 1270 it is an extra option.

Chip Stratton
cstrat@xxxxxxxxx