Re: [OM] OK, it's not flashes anymore (about those subject lines....) -

Subject: Re: [OM] OK, it's not flashes anymore (about those subject lines....) - OT - back to cars
From: "Gregg" <giverson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 2 Sep 2000 00:01:21 -0400
We have noticed an improved fuel milage at certain elevations as well.
Sea level means too much air is pushed and very high elevations mean the
engine starves for oxygen.  But somewhere in between is great (we have
noticed the best milage between west Texas and Colorado Springs, CO on
two trips, one in a gasoline guzzler and one in a diesel).  Disclaimer:
We have never tested this at the posted speeds though.

Gregg

Lex  wrote:

| Ken, I noticed the same effect with various Euro cars (Mercedes, BMWs,
| Porsches, etc.) when I delivered 'em cross country several years ago.
At a
| certain speed - generally far beyond 55 mph - they delivered the best
| mileage.  My theory is it has something to do with finding a balance
between
| aerodynamics and ground effects.  When ground effects are too "heavy"
in
| favor of cornering, mileage drops.  But there's a happy medium.
Judging