Re: [OM] "Bokeh" in context

Subject: Re: [OM] "Bokeh" in context
From: "Lex Jenkins" <lexjenkins@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 02 Sep 2000 22:17:06 GMT
That CPC 28/2.8 lens - very commonly found in Olympus and other mounts - is an example of a lens I have a love/hate relationship with. It's a true close-focusing lens that doesn't distort at its maximum magnification of around 1:4 - most folks wouldn't guess close ups taken with it were from a wide angle. But the bokeh is harsh and it's not particularly sharp at infinity. OTOH, it's sharp enough at middle distances, flare resistant, well made, compact and, best of all, cost me $15 in like-new condition.

Lex
===