Re: [OM] TTL metering with an OM2n

Subject: Re: [OM] TTL metering with an OM2n
From: "Chris O'Neill" <coneill@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2000 20:46:32 -0600
On 8 Sep 2000, at 1:07, Lex Jenkins wrote:

> With fast print film the half-stop or so metering error won't matter, but
> it definitely does with slow slide films.

Whoa!!!  I'm confused now!  I've always thought that the TTL metering
system of the OM line sets the exposure by taking a reading off the
shutter (or is it the film plane?) at the moment the mirror flips up and the
shutter opens.

Isn't this right???  And if so,   isn't what you're seeing through the
viewfinder just an "estimate" that might be slightly different (but correct)
at the moment the shot is taken???

Confused....

Chris