Re: [OM] [OT] PayPal goes international at last!

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT] PayPal goes international at last!
From: "Keith Berry" <k.berry@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 5 Nov 2000 19:07:28 -0000
Chris O'Neill wrote

> ...Can someone point me to the page that says there's a surcharge for
> transactions where an exchange rate is involved?...

I didn't see a mention of it when I was looking yesterday. Perhaps they
dropped it when they went international. I get the distinct impression that
if I pay for a dollar auction by credit card, it's paid to the seller in
dollars and it's the card company that does the conversion to charge me in
sterling. It must be so, thinking about it, because last month I qualified
for a 1% 'foreign rebate' on my US eBay purchases on my credit card
statement.

Regards,
Keith