Re: [OM] How and when did you get into OM?

Subject: Re: [OM] How and when did you get into OM?
From: "Jim Johnson" <jeepnstein@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2000 14:17:14
I'm new to the list. So I'll mostly lurk for a few months before you start really voicing an opinion.

I bought my first OM in 1985. It was an OM PC, which I still have, and I mounted a Vivitar 28-210 zoom lens on it. Back in those days, my friends and I were messing around with a couple of newspapers and I did a few assignments for one. I needed a camera and everyone in the business locally was saying "Olympus or nothing".

I have had other bodies and lenses, but I keep going back to my OM PC when I need a camera that can do it all. It's not as "nice" as some of the other bodies I have used, but I can always let it take over and worry more about following the action than setting the camera. It has seen use on trips to Europe, on surveillance details with our Sheriff's department, and doing the occasional "art project" in black and white.

My cameras don't get collected and stored away. The OM PC has been dragged through the mud and rain during marijauna eradications, grabbed and shoved on press assignments, and frozen solid more than once. For the money, Olympus bodies are as get as it gets.

Jim Johnson
Sciotoville, Ohio

I'm in the market for an OM 2s, or an OM 4 right now. Oh, and a few more lenses, they are getting harder to find locally.