[OM] Family Vacation

Subject: [OM] Family Vacation
From: "Ralph Nitschke" <ralph_nitschke@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 27 May 2001 10:59:06 -0700
Just returned from a two week family vacation to southern California, and
what a relief it is to be back home!  Don't get me wrong, California was
wonderful - but two weeks of traveling with my two nephews (ages 7 and 9) my
son (age 4) my wee little daughter (2 months) plus my sister and my spouse -
I am ready for a vacation!

OM Content.

Not sure what to bring, and given that I also had to pack a camcorder - this
is the kit I chose as I could squeeze it all into my Lowepro Orion Trekker
w/the Canon Ultura camcorder:

Body
 - OM 4Ti

Zuikos:
 - 24/2.8
 - 35/2.8
 - 50/3.5 Macro
 - 100/2.8
 - 64 to 200/4

Misc:
 - F280
 - Winder 2
 - Polarizer Filters (49 & 55)
 - Loads of Fuji 100 Reala, 200 & 400 Superia

Lessons Learned:  To my surprise, the most used lens by a huge margin was
the 24, followed eventually by the 50.  Least used were the 35 and 100, and
the 65-200 was used infrequently as it was too long for the theme parks.
Wished I brought the 35-105 instead of the 35, 100 and 65-200, but I was
anxious to try the 35 and 65-200 as they were new purchases.  Mind you a
35-70/4 sounds like a wonderful travel lens...
Also it wasn't long before the Winder was banished to the bag, packing all
the equipment I quickly learned to pack as little weight as possible around
the neck.

Mistake made, after completing a Fuji 400 roll, I realized the film dial was
set to 200!  Any suggestions on what to do?  Should I have the lab process
it as 200?  Any thoughts appreciated ;-)

On the whole, the trip went well and I'm looking forward to developing the
film!!!

Cheers,

Ralph