[OM] Protecting film while traveling

Subject: [OM] Protecting film while traveling
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2001 23:37:18 EDT
I will be taking a 10 or 12 day trip this summer and will be taking several
domestic flights going and coming.  What suggestions might list members have
about traveling with exposed and unexposed film and going through the
security systems at the airport?  What is the risk?  I will be traveling to
Seattle for an Alaskan cruise. Had thought about shipping my film via UPS or
the USPS to  my hotel and then once I'm off the cruise shipping it back home
to avoid the X-ray machines at the airport.  My expectation is having 20-30
rolls of film.  You help, advise and experience is appreciated.  Bill Barber