Re: [OM] mirror lens and #1-7 screen

Subject: Re: [OM] mirror lens and #1-7 screen
From: "Bruce Kolber" <bkolber@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2001 08:05:36 -0400
I have never used a Celestron 300 but I regularly use a Tamron 500/8 and
occasionally use a Sakar 500/8 t-mount and neither of them shows any
vignetting.  The microprism may black out but  comes back if I move my eye
in relationship to the viewfinder......no problem focusing at all.  The
viewfinder gets a bit darker with a 2X converter on the 500 but still quite
useable unless its near dusk. Nothing at all like you describe.
Bruce Kolber
St. Petersburg, FL  33715
USA