Re: [OM] Best way to send money to the USA?

Subject: Re: [OM] Best way to send money to the USA?
From: Jim Brokaw <jbrokaw@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 09 Aug 2001 22:18:38 -0700
on 8/7/01 7:20 PM, DBellamy2k@xxxxxxx at DBellamy2k@xxxxxxx wrote:

> Hello,
> A question:
>
> Suppose that a hypothetical Brit wants to send some money to a hypothetical
> American to pay for some hypothetical Olympus Zuiko lens item.
> What's the best way to do it?
>
> International Money Orders seem to have disappeared in the UK. What is going
> on?
>
> By the way, this hypothetical Brit does not have a credit card.
>
> How do all the other Zuiko addicts handle this hypothetical situation. Send
> cash in a brown envelope?
>
> Any advice gratefully received, on list or offlist to
> dbellamy2k@xxxxxxx
>
> Oops there's my e-mail address.
>
> Dave Bellamy.
> http://members.aol.com/synthchap/

What about the UK equivalent of USPS Express Mail to send the currency? The
envelopes are bigger, you can use a couple pieces of cardboard with the cash
taped between them. Mark it "Photos - Do Not Bend" to head off the crooks.
With a tracking number you stand a good chance of being able to 'watch' it
along the way. Plus, you could declare its value as the amount of cash and
insure it... I'm not sure if that would work as you aren't being truthful of
the contents. Maybe put the cash in a big box with a rock, and ship it
insured for the rock's "value" as a collector's item for Tom's rock
collection (out next to the driveway...)
--

Jim Brokaw