Re: [OM] Digital question; when does touch-up become cheating?

Subject: Re: [OM] Digital question; when does touch-up become cheating?
From: "John Hermanson" <omtech@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2001 22:48:41 -0400
Resizing a digital image and changing the pixels affects sharpness. Using
the UNSHARP filter fixes that.

The UNSHARP mask goes back to a very old darkroom technique of sandwiching a
contrasty positive with a  slightly out of focus negative (or something
along those lines , someone please jump in and correct me, I don't remember
exactly.  We did this in photo school with 4X5 film and it works) which in
combination produces a final print sharper than if done from the  original
negative.

John  Hermanson
http://www.zuiko.com
Camtech, Olympus Service since 1977.
21 South Lane,  Huntington NY 11743-4714
Phone/fax 631-424-2121
Free Olympus Manuals: 1-800-221-3000