Re: [OM] The end of OM?? (+ impending new SLR)

Subject: Re: [OM] The end of OM?? (+ impending new SLR)
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2002 17:56:18 -0800
I forget who was making the point, but they did not say there were Kodak disk cameras a century ago. That was sometime in the middle of the last century. Earlier, before film merchandising was separated from the camera, Kodak sold sealed cameras which were returned to Kodak for processing when the film had been exposed.

Winsor

I saw one excellent (outside) wedding shot from a disposable camera. Sharp,
well exposed, absolutely amazing!

BTW, I don't think Kodak made any disk cameras a century ago, but there
were disk spy cameras.

tOM

On Saturday, January 19, 2002 at 18:09, Skip Williams
<olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote re "Re: [OM] The end of OM?? (+ impending new SLR)" saying:

 The disposable cameras of today are suprisingly good.  They've got the very
 good, all-purpose 400 or 800-speed films, moulded plastic lenses (somtimes
 aspherical), and fixed focus.  If you don't overstress their capabilities or
 expect too much, it's amazing the quality of the images they produce up to
 5x7 (or even 8x10 if you're lucky).

 Skip

 >From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
 >To: olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
 >Subject: Re: [OM] The end of OM?? (+ impending new SLR)
 >Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2002 17:06:09 -0800
 >

 >And of course revived again with disposable cameras(which are better
 >than Kodak disk cameras were).

tOM A. Trottier,        ICQ:57647974    http://abacurial.com
        758 Albert St, Ottawa ON Canada K1R 7V8
        +1 613 860-6633 fax:231-6115 N45.412 W75.714
"The moment one gives close attention to anything,
even a blade of grass, it becomes a mysterious,
awesome, indescribably magnificent world in itself --
Henry Miller, 1891-1980

Winsor Crosby
Long Beach, California