Re: [OM] OM10+Winder1 - film foulup

Subject: Re: [OM] OM10+Winder1 - film foulup
From: "Jim L'Hommedieu" <lamadoo@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 8 Apr 2002 02:13:59 -0400
To be honest, I couldn't follow this scenario.  The one thing that was
obvious though, was that you need a changing bag.  It's  a purpose-built
double bag with elastic cuffs for your forearms.  With it, you can unload
your camera and remove what ever is left of the film.  It's possible that
some of the early frames (1-4) are not fogged because there was an awful lot
of silver between them and the outside light.  If you just opened it,
cursed, and snapped it shut, (<1 sec as you say), then  it's worth
processing.  On the other hand, if you opened it and said, "Gee whiz!  I
wonder if I can figure out what went wrong", and started examining the color
of the emulsion, then, no, 4 or 5 seconds probably blew out all of your
exposures.

Perfect example of why everyone needs a changing bag at home.

Lama
PS, don't feel too bad.  Stuff like that happens and it means you need to
buy more toys.  :)