Re: [OM] A quick E-1 poll

Subject: Re: [OM] A quick E-1 poll
From: Albert <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2003 11:10:29 +0800
I agree with you Jim. Battery becomes a problem really quickly on hikes and camping. I can't imagine if I'm in a village in Africa, where I'd be able to "charge up". My OM's meter died in Thailand.. I still came home with some great shots. Had to go Sunny 16 (or Sunny 11 for print film) and still got pics. One of the things the Thailand trip has taught me.. Always bring a second camera. I was very glad I did!

Also, film has proven itself in the most extreme of situations, I'm not sure about digital...yet..

Albert

Jim Couch wrote:

I repectfully disagree. One of the real problems with digicams that I have seen is the rapid battery consumption. When you are cycling or backpacking for ten days you are often not able to recharge batteries, and the weight and bulk and cost of spare batteries for many of the DCs out there far exceed that of film!

Jim Couch