Re: [OM] Repro ratios, was Fame at last - perhaps ;-)

Subject: Re: [OM] Repro ratios, was Fame at last - perhaps ;-)
From: "Julian Davies" <julian_davies@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2003 02:01:21 +0100
I don't believe you'd see anything much through the viewfinder, to start
with. Even at 65mm, the tube would have more than doubled the back focus,
and therefore the image area would be more than four times the normal size.
According to my maths (often questionable), that's nearly 3 stops of light
loss. From f5, that's dim!
The 80 and 135 macros are designed with this extended back focus in mind.

Julian