Re: [OM] Bangor, North Wales

Subject: Re: [OM] Bangor, North Wales
From: Ian Nichols <I.A.Nichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2003 14:17:30 -0000

--On 23 November 2003 22:45 +1100 Wayne Harridge <wayneharridge@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Dear Zs,

Do we have any list members in the general area of Bangor, Nth. Wales.
Looks like my daughter might be living there for a year or 2 starting
early/mid 2004 and I'm interested in finding out the real story on the
place.  From what I can see on the net, it looks like it might have some
good photographic possibilities.

...Wayne

Don't live there myself, but have visited the area a few times. The Menai bridge is good for a picture or several (see TOPE15) and once out of town you're in Snowdonia national park. If you like little steam trains, there's the Ffestiniog narrow gauge railway, which used to ship Welsh slate out of the hills (some of you might be old enough to have used that at school ;)).