[OM] Re: OM-4

Subject: [OM] Re: OM-4
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2004 22:48:19 -0700
There were a lot of replies to this, but they missed one practical
difference which can be significant in use. The 2S spot meter is
continuous and operates in Manual Mode only. The 4(T(i)) spot meter is
'on-demand' and works in both Auto and Manual. Where you can point the
2S at various spots, mentally decide on and set an exposure, with the 4,
you see the average reading until you push the spot button, then you can
see both the fixed spot reading and the average reading. Further pushes
of the spot button (up to 8) are averaged into the spot setting. If you
want to test spot readings of various parts of the scene, you have to
press Spot and then clear the reading for each one. They are different
ways of working and some like one more than the other.

Since almost all of my shots are taken in Auto, the spot meter on the 2S
is of no use to me. So I have 1(n), 2(n),  4 and OMPC bodies for use.
The ESP metering of the OMPC is by far the best non-spot metering in any
OM. My most used bodies are 4 and PC.

Moose