[OM] Re: Macro stuff

Subject: [OM] Re: Macro stuff
From: "James N. McBride" <jnmcbr@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2005 02:04:19 -0700
I get frustrated with the slowness of the f-3.5 lens. The front glass is
deeply recessed so you usually don't need a lens hood. The image quality
seems OK. I found the 50 f-2 much more enjoyable to use and the image
quality was superb. A list-member bought the f-2 from me and I've regretting
selling although I didn't use it very much. /jmac

<< snip

And then there's the issue of macro lenses. Recent comments really pushed me
towards the 50 3.5 -- I've seen a few comments from folks who prefer it over
the 50 MIJ even for normal use. I'd like to hear more about that as I've
found the MIJ 50 to be a superb lens. And what's the scoop on the 50 f2
macro lens? It scores very well on Gary Reese's lens chart, and it certainly
commands a premium. Would one ever couple an extension tube with a macro
lens? The only macro lens I ever had was some crappy zoom many years ago,
and I completely ignored it.

Is that enough questions?

Matthew Born