[OM] Software for photo editing

Subject: [OM] Software for photo editing
From: "Simon Worby" <simon@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2005 13:46:09 -0000
I don't enjoy photo editing, but need to do it, and need to get better at it.

I've always used Jasc Paint Shop Pro for photo editing. I got it at version 4
and was pleased with its ease of use and simple functionality. I'm now on
version 7, which I don't understand.

It seems everyone uses Adobe Photoshop. I recently got Photoshop Elements 2.0
bundled.

Should I switch to Photoshop Elements and learn how to use it properly? Or is
there no point, and should I get Photoshop itself? How different is Elements to
the "Creative Suite" and do I really need CS? Are the commands the same and
it's just that CS has even more functionality? And should I upgrade to Elements
3.0 (only £50). Or should I stick with Paint Shop Pro and try to learn how to
use that?

The thing is, if I'm going to invest time in learning software, I want to get
it right first time. Whilst I don't want to throw money away, I'd rather spend
a couple of hundred quid and learn the right one rather than waste hours
learning the wrong one.

Thanks,

Simon