[OM] Re: REAL photographers use film!

Subject: [OM] Re: REAL photographers use film!
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2005 21:57:08 EST

In a message dated 3/13/2005 4:58:18 PM Central Standard Time,
robnruth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

As some  of you may know from a couple of my recent posts, I'm buying Mamiya
RB67  gear like a drunken sailor.  The reason: I'm not yet ready for  digital,
and digital's sure as hell not ready for me.  I shoot only  for my own
pleasure and don't give a rat's ass what anybody else thinks of  my photos

Well, truth be known, it really doesn't have to be an "either or"  situation.
 I currently have the battery charging for my e-1, have some  Velvia 50
loaded in one of my OM 2S bodies and some Tri-X in another.  This  weekend I
exposed a roll of NPS with my OM 2S & Tamron 180mm f2.5 at my  grandson's
t-ball
practice, captured about 200+ digital images at the same  practice, exposed a
roll of 120 Portra 160VC in my 6X9 Zero Image pinhole camera  on a construction
site, while exposing about 1/3 of a roll of Tri-x in one of my  OMs and the
21mm f2 at the same time and then finished it off on my grandson's  playing at
their Leggo table with the 85mm f2.

Next weekend I am going to have a table at a Camera Show here in Houston  and
will be selling some Mamiya Universal gear, a 4X5 view camera, a meter or
two and probably some OM gear.  I do this as I await the arrival of a 4X5
pinhole camera from Zero Image and the 7-14mm Digital Zuiko from my OM getting
place.  The point of this being, that here is an ebb and a flow.  All  of which
really plays into Walt's statement that he shoots for his own  pleasure.  Her
again, truth be known, I think most of us do the same.   However my bottom line
is slightly different from Walt's and that is that all I  really care about
is the image and the capture media is something I don't give a  rat's ass
about.  There are some places I've gone in the past year with my  photography
that
I could not have gone without digital capture.  This  doesn't mean everyone
has to go digital, however it did add something to the  tool box that expanded
my ability and I might say also expanded my vision.   Several of my digital
images were selected for juried shows this year, one won a  second place award
in
the annual end of year show for my camera club and it  also was awarded an
honorable mention in a national competition.  I'll  send the address to the
list
when it gets posted (I was only notified this  week of the award).  Not
having a darkroom limits the control I have with  some of my images, digital
gives
that back and then some.

For me it is not an "either or" and I suspect that is true for many, so get
out of my way while I burn some film and some pixels.  Bill  Barber