[OM] Re: Hardware Resource Page Soon to Go....

Subject: [OM] Re: Hardware Resource Page Soon to Go....
From: John Hermanson <omtech1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2005 14:58:58 -0500
And, there may have been an Olympus employee on this list, possibly
lurking.  It was 7-8 years ago that I sent an email to the list and a
few hours later I got an angry phone call from the head of Olympus
customer service regarding that very email.  The one person I THINK it
might have been passed away 9 months ago, but it could still be possible.

___________________________________
John Hermanson
Camtech Photo Services, Inc.
21 South Lane, Huntington NY 11743
631-424-2121 | Olympus OM Service since 1977
www.zuiko.com  |  omtech1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Remove 'spam' when writing

Barry Hinderks wrote:
> At 11:17 AM 12/21/05 -0500,Mark D wrote:
> <snip> I don't know why they're so upset since ti digital diagrams are
>
>>floating all over the Internet and eBay, it's not too hard to find them
>>(that's how I found them).  I'm going to ask real nicely and see if they'll
>>let me keep the OM stuff available.  If not, well, I can't stop people from
>>putting up mirrors of my site.  It's not illegal for me to link to them from
>>my web page :-)
>>                                              -mark
>>

> I suspect they will likely go along with you Mark (and I wouldn't be afraid
> to mention the OM list membership are waiting to see how they handle this).
> The later digital stuff is more problematic as in order to keep their
> copyright/ trademark valid I understand that they must actually pursue it
> (or at least be able to demonstrate that they pursue those infringing) in
> order to keep everything valid. Likely they are concerned there will be
> repercussions from their "authorized" repair centers and/or dealers.
> Barry H

> List usage info:     http://www.zuikoholic.com
> List nannies:        olympusadmin@xxxxxxxxxx

-- Type: text/x-vcard