[OM] Re: OT - Mac G4 upgrade - sonnet

Subject: [OM] Re: OT - Mac G4 upgrade - sonnet
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2006 23:44:41 -0800
But Photoshop CS is running in Rosetta, isn't it? I would think it
will speed up considerably when it is native. But you are right,
Altivec is fast and make Macs faster than their clock speed would
indicate on tasks that can use it.

One worry that I have and I have seen no discussion is how recompiled-
for-Intel 3d party apps that are processor intensive like a new
Photoshop will run on the Motorola and IBM chips. That makes me
wonder whether waiting is the best plan, as if I had the money to
make a choice. But I suppose we will get warning of that.

Winsor
Long Beach, California, USA