[OM] Re: Panasonic/Leica 4/3'rds Items

Subject: [OM] Re: Panasonic/Leica 4/3'rds Items
From: "Daniel Sepke" <dan@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2006 18:09:41 -0500
Hi James,

The ring on the lens is likely to be just another controller and most
certainly not a mechanical link to the aperture. In the pictures on dpreview
it shows the ring has having an A (for auto presumably) setting at the end
after f22. I would assume like others who have speculated that this lens
will be compatible with the Oly bodies without major issues. There is a note
that the OIS will only function on Oly bodies in a continuous mode and not
the only when you hold the shutter button down mode 2 that some other
Panasonic implementations have.

Yours, Dan S.