[OM] Re: Attention : 16mm fisheye owners - now: 21/3.5 owners

Subject: [OM] Re: Attention : 16mm fisheye owners - now: 21/3.5 owners
From: Fernando Gonzalez Gentile <fgnzalez@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 07 Mar 2006 22:01:35 -0200
on 7/03/2006 18:13, PhotoSphere Olympus Camera Service at olyfix@xxxxxxxxxx,
wrote:

> If you're referring to the sound the distance ring makes when it hits either
> end of it's travel, re-lubing might help, if only by making the turn
> stiffer.
No, I was referring to the sound the distance ring makes when moved in a
forward-backwards direction. It might travel far less than 1 mm., but makes
an audible metallic sound at the end of this short move, in either
direction.

> No, removing the PSK 1.4x1.5 ST screws will only free the cover over the
> aperture stop-down ring, and the screws holding the brass helicoid guide
> will still be covered by the mount.  You would have to remove the PUK 2x3
> SG's to get the mount off.  Stripping and relubing a helicoid is not a DIY
> job, however.
Hmmm... will have to learn how to continue living with this annoying play in
the focusing ring, I guess. Fortunately, haven't yet noticed any focusing
error.

Thanks a lot, Clint.

Fernando.