[OM] Re: White balance

Subject: [OM] Re: White balance
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2006 16:58:26 -0500
The restaurant scenes at the segment called "TJ's for Breakfast" were
good.  He shows using the WhiBal in the restuarant with mixed daylight
out front, incadescent in the kitchen background and even some flash
thrown in.  He pops off several quick shots in each type of light and
sometimes changes the angle to make sure he's not picking up strong
reflections.  So, he has multiple measurments of the three available
light sources and waits till he's working on the images to select what
he's going to use.  The WhiBal also appears to be superior tool for the
black point once you understand the possible role of reflection in the
measurement.

If I'm ever passing through Cocoa Beach in the morning I guess I'll have
to stop for breakfast.

Chuck Norcutt