[OM] Re: WTB: Tripod Ring

Subject: [OM] Re: WTB: Tripod Ring
From: "Ian Nichols" <ian.a.nichols@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2006 14:04:03 +0100
On 03/04/06, Joel Wilcox <jfwilcox@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Depending on what it's to be used for, it can definitely be made to
> fit.  The soft inner liner can be removed.  When replaced with a
> simple piece of electrical tape, it is a perfect fit for the Tamron SP
> 80-200, for example, and is superior to Tamron's mount IMHO.

As I have a Tamron SP 80-200/2.8 with no tripod ring, I was encouraged by
reading that.  So I contacted Luton Camera Repairs (who officially fix Oly
gear in the UK) and got this reply, which, whilst not wishing to do John out
of any business, I forward here for the benefit of UK list members:

Re. Zuiko 300mm f/4.5 lens

> Tripod Mount Ring (ZD303100) is in stock: £28.54
> Post & Packing: £3.00
> TOTAL: £31.54

As I'm in Bristol, where they have a branch, I might see If I can collect
one from there and save the postage.

See also

<http://www.lutcamre.demon.co.uk/>

for full contact details.