[OM] Re: Storage devices

Subject: [OM] Re: Storage devices
From: Mark Dapoz <md@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 8 Jul 2006 11:07:50 -0400 (EDT)
On Sat, 8 Jul 2006, Garth wrote:

> I guess the definition of "field" changes one's viewpoint.  Tramping
> around France and Britain for a month alters my perception of a small
> modern laptop from "useful" to "useful...as a boat anchor."

Have you considered one of the mini laptops such as Toshiba's Libretto
series: http://www.toshiba.ca/web/product.grp?section=1&group=1&product=4470
I use an older version of the Libretto and it's about the size of a VHS
cassette, it easily slips into a large coat pocket.  It's great for dumping
off images from the CF cards and viewing them using your usual PC software.
At 1Kg it doesn't add a lot of extra weight.
                                                -mark