[OM] Re: Ex-lurker

Subject: [OM] Re: Ex-lurker
From: "Candace Lemarr" <CandaceRocks@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2006 15:45:59 -0600
> Welcome to the list, ex-lurker.

Hee hee, thank you :-))

> You may need to adjust, or preferably calibrate, your computer's
> graphics card & monitor.  I used to think my e-300 pics were a little
> under exposed, and a little cold.  Then I treated myself to a Pantone
> Huey, and things look much better.  Every digital camera user should
> have one, or something like it.  If you don't fancy spending the money
> (which is less than we used to pay for 1GB of Compact Flash memory not
> too long ago), I'd suggest messing around with your monitor settings
> first, so your pictures look the same on the PC screen as they do on
> the camera screen.

I've never heard of the Pantone Huey, will have to look into that.

I did "calibrate" my monitor's settings according to a book I have on
Photoshop Elements...and they look ok to me usually. But, have to admit that
I adjust levels more often than I'd like. My problem now is this: Someone is
looking at my images and they look dark to them. It could be their monitor
settings, I suppose, but this is someone who looks at a ton of images from
different people. And when this was mentioned I really got to looking, and I
do think I may have trouble getting the correct exposure. Color me confused.
:-)

Candace <<--the Ex-Lurker