[OM] Re: lipstick on a pig?

Subject: [OM] Re: lipstick on a pig?
From: Tim Randles <tim.randles@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 4 Sep 2006 15:11:46 -0700 (PDT)
Maybe a little on the extreme sort of example, but I have several fiddles I
purchased for less than $100.00 that were  relegated to the second hand shelves
because they were considered "less than valuable" by previous owners. After
some tweaking on them with some new strings and bridges, and with a top notch
bow, I have them sounding as good or better than instruments I have played that
were over $5K.

 "Blondie" cost me about 350.00 for repairs, I bought for 100.00 and she sings
so loud I only take her busking.. you can hear her 3 blocks away, and such a
sweet voice, the difference.. I trashed the bow she came with, and play with
her only with my Pernambuco bow.. oh, wait a minute.. this is the Oly forum...
not fiddlecrazy....oh.. I suppose I better take a picture of the lot of them
and post it....

I had no opportunity to play in a darkroom when I was a kid, grandpa was a
professional photographer, but he lived in Holland

Now, I work in the dark room on photoshop.. here is one of the things I missed
when I was a kid..

http://www.fi.edu/pieces/myers/shoebox.html

I shot some pics of a Jewel Spider wrapping up a fruit fly in a raspberry
patch.... I wish I had used the tripod and I had a Pro macro lens... not sure
which one I am going to get yet....it was a little blurry, but still nice
yellow spider.. I have to PS it yet.. will post it later..

Cheers.. Tim

Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I don't think anyone would pay much for a Guarneri or Strad if a bow
could make a cigar box sound as good.

Winsor
Long Beach, California, USA

List usage info:     http://www.zuikoholic.com