[OM] Re: Baby steps up the printer food chain in anticipation of the e

Subject: [OM] Re: Baby steps up the printer food chain in anticipation of the e-2 and print sales.
From: Johnny Johnson <jjohnso4@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 07 Jan 2007 19:54:49 -0500
At 10:21 PM 1/6/2007, Winsor Crosby wrote:

>I am kind of confused on the color calibration feature. I may have
>misunderstood, but it seemed a wonderful tool for using any kind of
>paper in it without a profile. Some other review said to beware that
>it did not replace profiles. If it is only for calibrating after
>replacing a head then it seems to be of limited utility.

Hi Winsor,

In reading the review at LL I got the impression that there are two
separate features - one for profiling a paper and the other for
calibrating a print head after it has been changed.  If people are
questioning the profiling feature I'd guess that one reason is
because of the limited number of color squares (500) in the target
chart which would probably result in a profile that's not as accurate
as one done with the more expensive, dedicated equipment.

Later,
Johnny

Johnny Johnson
Cleveland, GA