[OM] Re: 5D Cleaning Problems?

Subject: [OM] Re: 5D Cleaning Problems?
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2007 15:08:11 -0800
Winsor Crosby wrote:
> A thread on dpreview indicates a potential problem with cleaning the
> 5D sensor with PecPads and Eclipse.
>
> http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1032&message=22111367

Ooooh, that's painful. You know there's trouble to come when he says "I
have cleaned my 10D sensor MANY times".  He's the sort that cause those
lenses with "cleaning marks". Probably has to replace his bathtub every
few years, too. "Rub harder!"

I've cleaned my 5D once, with a hand blower. Does it have a couple of
small smudges on clear sky at full pixel at f22? Yup. Do I care? Nope.

They may show up in one image out of a hundred or less and take a second
to fix, if I blow it up enough for one or two to be noticeable.  It is
just nothing like what shows up on film, even when I'm careful.

Obsession has its price.

Moose