[OM] Re: In praise of Altoids Sours tins.

Subject: [OM] Re: In praise of Altoids Sours tins.
From: "Wayne Culberson" <waynecul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2007 08:27:24 -0400

> Just a little tip. The round tins Altoids Sours come in make wonderful
> container for things like filters, close-up lenses, etc.
>
> My N 62 mm two element CU lens resides in one, another holds little odds
> and ends in a 'stuff' drawer and I've just cleaned up another to hold
> other goodies. They seem to stay closed, but are really easy to open
> with one hand.
>
> Moose

I have several of the rectangular Altoids tins that I use to keep all sorts
of things in, such as small reloading bits and tools, as one example. I
hadn't thought about using round ones for filters, plus I don't particularly
care for eating "sours" anything. Can I just chuck the candy? I recently
bought a coffee-table style book from Amazon on award-winning small wooden
boxes, and one person had actually incorporated 4 of the rectangular Altoids
boxes as hinges and compartments into her wooden box.
Wayne