[OM] OT Nationality, was Communications [was lighting]

Subject: [OM] OT Nationality, was Communications [was lighting]
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2007 10:12:43 +0000
I enjoyed reading that, Marc, thanks.

But communities like nations are fabrications, really.  Not many
people (:-)) have volunteered to be born the nationality that they
are and to opt out once you have lived the nationality is pretty
difficult for most.

I was born in India and lived in many different countries before
settling in the UK --  I spent only a few months at a time in the UK
before I left school (indeed I was educated in Aden, Bahrain and
Singapore until I was 9).  I have travelled the world and I want now
to remain in the UK because I have seen enough other places and
communities to know that, for all its faults, it's the best place to be.

And, a propos your quote, you might wish to try a book "Shadow of the
Wind" by Carlos Ruiz Zafón.  I haven't finished it yet, but the quote
reminded me of it.

Chris

~~ >-)-
C M I Barker