[OM] Re: focusing question

Subject: [OM] Re: focusing question
From: "Scott Peden" <scotpeden@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2007 10:43:55 -0700
Thanks for the numbers chuck.....1.6 miles for infinity on my E-500, that at
least tells me that I should cut back a  bit when I am shooting a hawk at
200 feet. That makes me feel better about what I felt I was experiencing
when I was trying to focus and should be able to put this data to good use
too.

A lot of my shots Saturday morning at Point Lobos were hard to focus, I
didn't like most of them, but as it warmed up the pictures became much
better, I actually have a few with the Mother Otter and her baby floating up
and down on the waves, a good foot swell and being pulled out of and back
into my field of view, that came out rather well at near full resolution.
But that was in the after noon. I understand that if I can see crap or
moisture in the air, that the lens is going to see that even more than I do.