[OM] Using flash outdoors on a bright day.

Subject: [OM] Using flash outdoors on a bright day.
From: Ali Shah <alizookoman@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2007 18:09:48 -0700 (PDT)
Not sure if this falls under a "Dr. Flash" request but
I had a question on using flash outdoors on a bright
day. I am a little confused about shooting w/ a flash
in sunlight to remove harsh shadows. I used flash
outdoors while shooting a model during a recent
outing. Some of my photos were overexposed. The skin
was sort of "washed out". My camera highest sync speed
is 1/200th.

Does a diffuser do anything outdoors on a bright day?

Should I mess with the white balance while shooting
outdoors?

Should I even use a flash outdoors on a bright day?

Thanks.

and lay it on us. http://surveylink.yahoo.com/gmrs/yahoo_panel_invite.asp?a=7