[OM] E-510 first impressions

Subject: [OM] E-510 first impressions
From: swisspace <swisspace@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2007 18:34:05 +0200
I had a few minutes to spare yesterday and noticed the local camera shop
has the E-510 in so I took a spare card and my E1 with 14-54 lens along
to try it out.   Unfortunately my testing wasn't scientific or accurate,
but shooting both camera's at iso 1600 I can honestly say I would not
"upgrade" for that alone, I took some macro pictures with both cameras
at above iso and the 510 managed to give me sharp image which I put down
to IS, however I then noticed its aperture was f3.5 and E1 f11 so
shutter speed probably had more of a part to play than IS.

I will try and do some more testing next week if I get time, I really
want to like this camera because of the IS, I am not sure how usefull
liveview will be to me and I was hoping for much better high iso
performance, but maybe I was doing something wrong as I didn't venture
far from the standard settings

However I am now not in a rush to change and unless I see some more
expert reviewers saying its much better than the E1, I think I will wait
for the E-pro body, the E1 doesn't really disgrace itself even now.

IanW