[OM] Re: E-410 vs E-510 and IS?

Subject: [OM] Re: E-410 vs E-510 and IS?
From: "Jeff Keller" <jeffreyrkeller@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2007 07:43:09 -0700
It's all consistant with the statement made that both the lens and body use
inertial (gyroscope?) movement detection. If the camera and the lens both
detect movement and try to correct, twice as much correction is applied as
needed. If the camera is on a tripod, there shouldn't be any movement, so
any correction applied is noise.

Also suggests that an earlier speculation about the body being able to
correct for rotation about the lens axis is probably possible but not
likely. It would require another motion detector.
-jeff

On 6/18/07, Hans van Veluwen <hans.van.veluwen@xxxxxx> wrote:

> Also when you mount the camera on a tripod body IS must be switched off.
> Support of IS for manual lenses is not mentioned.
>
> Hans
>

> : Anyway, I have been thinking about these two different IS

approaches,
the
: body IS and lens IS which I brought up a few days ago.  Someone
(Chuck?)
: said that if they are independent, they should work together while
other
: said that would never work.  As far as I can see, these two systems
should
: be able to work as long as they are independent